Review: Home Depot Credit Cards
Home Depot offers a number of consumer and business / contractor credit cards and financing options. Below is a summary of what each offers and a brief review of the upsides and downsides of getting a Home Depot credit card. If you’d like to apply for any of the cards, the links will take you to the online application if available:
- The Home Depot Consumer Credit Card is accepted for purchases at Home Depot only. It offers 0% financing for 6 months on purchases of over $299 (and sometimes even longer 0% periods), but be careful!! If you take that deal and don’t pay off every single penny within the 6 months, you’ll then get socked with all of the interest you would’ve paid from the day you made the purchase — as if the 0% offer had never existed! And you’ll be paying a hefty interest rate of at least 17.99%, but possibly even higher, because you could also be a approved at a rate of 21.99%, 25.99%, or 26.99%. This card, issued via Citibank, has no annual fee.
- The Home Depot Project Loan is not technically a credit card, but works basically the same, except for the fact that it is intended for larger home improvement projects that may cost much more than the standard credit card limit. Credit lines go up to $55,000, and you can take as long as 84 months to pay it off, at a respectable 7.99% interest rate. You can apply for this type of loan inside a Home Depot store or online.
- Home Depot Commercial Revolving Charge Card – This Home Depot business credit card is like a standard credit card but adds a few business-friendly features such as the ability to track purchases by PO number, job name or job number, as well as the ability to have multiple employee cards. You can either pay the card off each month or revolve your balance and pay interest — but note the less-than-enticing interest rate of 21.99%.
- The Home Depot Commercial Account is another business charge card option. It is basically the same as the other Home Depot business credit card, except you must pay off the full balance each month, so interest charges do not come in to play.
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Building Credit - See if you Pre-Qualify without harming your credit score. +This fully unsecured credit card with no deposit requirement can be helpful in growing or building credit. Your account activity will be reported monthly to all three major credit bureaus. +All the features you want in a credit card are included. Get 1% cash back on eligible purchases, take advantage of free online credit score tracking, and enjoy credit line increase opportunities. Terms apply.
Citi Bank has launched Commercial Credit Card by Citi Global Transaction service in India. The CitiBank Commercial Card provides the valuable services like specialized travel management solutions, financial savings, greater control and visibility of expense, automated reporting capabilities, etc. for their corporate clients. Citi Bank’s Commercial Card program also offers clients infinite global opportunity by local support and world class business payment services. Get all the information regarding Citibank Commercial Credit Cards provided at Home.cards.citidirect.com here.
Usually, more than 3000 of the world’s largest companies already use Citibank Commercial Cards to manage their everyday expenses. Citibank Commercial Cards are the first real worldwide accepted corporate cards recognized by both VISA and MasterCard Merchants in India. Citibank Commercial Card users can enjoy many benefits and services.
CitiBank is the global financial service company and it has about 200 million customer accounts in 140 countries. Citibank offers many services worldwide such as, credit cards, loans, financial products and services, investment program and also other online services. Award winning Citibank offers 22 languages online banking services. Citi Bank is one of the world's largest providers of credit cards with more than $144 billion in receivables.
Citibank Commercial Credit Card Benefits:
- Automated reporting capabilities
- Specialized travel management solutions
- Greater control and visibility of expenses
- Financial savings
- Unsurpassed acceptance
- Global service network
CitiBank Commercial Credit Card Login:
CitiBank offers various type of Credit Card such as, Business Credit Card, Store Credit Card, Gas Credit Card, Savings Credit Cards, Travel Reward Credit Cards, Annual Fee Credit Cards, etc. You can login at the Citibank Commercial Credit Cards account with your Username and Password. Then you can check Credit Card balance, online pay, and changing your address via online login. If you are first time user of Commercial Credit Card, then you can register card or apply for a new card at the website of Home.cards.citidirect.com
Citi Platinum Select Master Card:
Citi Bank offers Platinum Select Master Card, it is 0% Apr on purchase and balance transfers for up to 9 months, based on your application and credit history.
- $0 Liability
- On unauthorized purchases
- Online Discounts
- 0% APR on Purchases and Balance Transfers¹
- For up to 9 months, based on your application and credit history¹
- Purchase APR as low as variable 11.99%, based on your application and credit history.
- With Extra Cash from Citi
- No Annual Fee
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage World MasterCard:
The American Airlines AAdvantage miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage account 8-10 weeks after you have met the purchase requirements. The Citi / AAdvantage card is offered in many countries.
- Earn 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after you make $750 purchases within the first four months of becoming a card member
- Travel to select destinations for fewer AAdvantage round trip miles with Reduced Mileage Awards
- Earn 1 American Airlines AAdvantage mile for every $1 spent on purchases
- No blackout dates on AAdvantage award travel, and AAdvantage miles may never expire
Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards Card:
With Diamond Reward Card earn points for all kinds of rewards such as, sports, travel, dining, electronics etc, there is no fee to enroll and points are easy to earn and easy to redeem.
- 5 ThankYou points for every dollar you spend at supermarkets, drug stores, and gas stations for 12 months
- Access to special events and unique experiences through PrivatePass
- 1 ThankYou point for every dollar on all other purchases
- 0% APR on purchases for 7 months, for those who qualify, based on your application and credit history.
Citi PremierPass Card lets you earn points for purchasing tickets. Citi Bank's reward program lets you choose flights on any airline with no blackout dates, minimum stays, seat restriction or advance purchase requirements.
- 6,000 Bonus points after $300 purchases made within three months of account opening is enough for a $50 gift card.
- 1 point for every 3 miles flown
- No annual fee
- 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases
AT&T Universal Business Rewards Card:
- Earn 5 ThankYou points for every dollar spent on eligible AT&T products and services
- 1 ThankYou point for every dollar spent on other purchases
- Additional cards for employees at no additional cost
- Earn 3 ThankYou points for every dollar spent on purchases at certain office supply merchants, gas stations, and on professional services
- No annual fee
Citi ProfessionalSM Cash Card:
Citi Professional Cash Card is considered as a business purpose credit card and not a consumer credit card. Please note that certain consumer rights do not apply to this account. You will earn 3% on purchases made at gas stations, restaurants, certain office supply merchants and on auto rentals for 12 months from the date of cardmembership.
- The card is designed for business use only and cash back that makes your work even more rewarding
- Earn 1% cash back on other purchases
- Earn 3% cash back on purchases made at restaurants, gas stations, certain office supply merchants, and for auto rentals for 12 months
- No annual fee
CitiBusiness / AAdvantage card:
- Earn 1 ThankYou point for every dollar spent on other purchases
- Designed for business use only, this card is for professionals with business expenses
- Earn 3 ThankYou points per $1 spent on purchases at restaurants, gas stations, certain office supply merchants and auto rentals for 12 months
- Earn 6,000 bonus ThankYou points after you make $250 purchases, redeemable for a $50 gift card
- No annual fee
Can My Stay-at-Home Spouse Apply for a Credit Card Too?
Over the years this question has plagued many of our readers. Many people wonder whether or not their stay at home spouse can apply for a credit card separately. The short answer is yes, but continue reading to better understand why.
Questions for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card
Whether you’re married or not, you both have your own credit scores. This is important to know when greedily seeking credit card sign up bonuses for your non-working spouse. Both of you need to have credit, and it should be excellent credit.
If your stay at home spouse doesn’t have good credit, you could consider adding him/her to one of your cards as an authorized user. This will help strengthen their score and give them stability.
Isn’t Being an Authorized User Just as Good?
Heavens no. Being an authorized user won’t result in 40,000 additional Ultimate Rewards, or 50,000 AAdvantage Miles. When you’re really cranking out Frequent Flyer Miles you both need to pick up the Sapphire Preferred which gives you 40k and her 40k, which means now you’ve got 80k miles.
Getting a card for each of you will load your Award Wallet with more miles, which means more vacations, and more smiles. Life is good when you’re on the road visiting new places. Our strategies will help you to take more vacations more often than your neighbors and friends, which will make them jealous. The good thing is that you can share this blog with them to help them visit more places for less.
Questions regarding income from Barclaycard
What about the Income Question?
When was the last time you know someone who got divorced and the non-working spouse got nothing from the divorce? Try never.
Living in Idaho, which is a community property state, means that everything that is mine, is my wife’s. Whether she earned it, or I did, the court doesn’t care and it belongs to both of us. That’s reason alone for me to put our household income on the application.
On April 29th of 2013, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau made an amendment that allows for stay-at-home spouses to use household income on the application as long as they have access to the money, and a few other criterion. This is great news for all people who have spouses that stay at home with their children.
Now you can put the household income on the application for your spouse who stays at home. This will result in more applications, a better credit score (when you manage it properly), and more trips.
As far as I can tell, the banks who issue the credit cards can still be more strict on approvals for homemakers if they see a higher risk of default among those consumers than those who are fully employed.
There isn’t any clear advice to give here about your non-working spouse, but you answer the question as you see fit. Oftentimes I’ll input “Self-Employed” for my spouse because of some businesses that we work on together. That is honest, and hopefully it gives her better chances of being approved.
Go Get a Credit Card for Your Stay-at-Home Spouse
Give it a shot. Your 800 credit score isn’t going to win you any awards . It might as well win you some points and miles! You might as well put a bit of stress on it to rack up more points and miles. You’ll be able to get double the amount of cards that you otherwise, which means more vacations and less out of your pocket.
Check out the Best Travel Credit Cards page and see which cards you need to get for your spouse that stays home.
As always. We preach responsibility along with this hobby. Never:
- Buy something on a credit card that you wouldn’t buy with cash.
- Carry a balance on your 20% interest credit cards.
- Apply for more credit cards than you feel comfortable getting.
- Be late for a payment.
Take good care of your credit because it is a useful tool you’ll need to finance larger items. Never allow yourself to rack up debt on credit cards or all the benefits of this hobby will be negated by the massive interest you’d be paying.
What has been your experience? Have you been successful getting credit cards for your stay at home spouse?