- 1 .southwest airlines
- 2 How to achieve your summer travel goals without breaking the bank
- 3 Plane makes emergency landing after engine rips apart during flight
- 4 Southwest reveals plane for Shark Week, sharks unimpressed
- 5 'Take it off! This is America': Man pleads guilty after yanking off woman's hijab
- 6 Mom of 9-month-old thanks Southwest flight attendant for going above and beyond
- 7 Man on Southwest flight reportedly choked a woman for reclining her seat
- 8 Southwest says it fixed technology issue that delayed hundreds of flights
- 9 Online booking glitch delays hundreds of Southwest Airlines flights
- 10 Southwest flight aborts takeoff after engine fire
- 11 Southwest offers $100 fares, but none for your summer vacation
- 12 Southwest baggage handlers accused of running marijuana smuggling ring
- 13 Airline seats are getting so small that federal regulators are worried
- 14 Southwest CMO Kevin Krone on the future of marketing
- 15 Southwest grounds 128 planes after missed safety inspections
- 16 No bombs found after 'credible' threats prompt partial closure of Atlanta airport
- 17 Man sues Southwest for $49,000 after carry-on bag fell on him
- 18 Two decades after launch, AirTran takes its final flight
- 19 Southwest Airlines announces plans for flights to Belize
- 20 Southwest flight diverted after a baby was born on airplane
- 21 Southwest Airlines claims title as only major carrier offering free checked bags
- 22 Apple's Beats Music app is now available for free on Southwest flights
- 23 Southwest and Virgin America Launch Routes From Dallas Love Field Airport
- 24 Southwest Airlines Reveals New Plane Designs
- 25 Woman Flew From San Jose to Los Angeles Without a Ticket
- 26 Southwest Goes International With Flights to the Caribbean
- 27 Southwest Wants to Shed Its Late-Flight Reputation by Year's End
- 28 Pinterest Plans Your Travel and Other News You Need to Know
- 29 Southwest Offering 50% Off Flights on Facebook
- 30 6 Brands That Get It Right on Viddy
- 31 6 Airlines Reaching New Heights on YouTube
- 32 Audio of Southwest Pilot's Hate-Filled Cockpit Tirade Hits the Web
- 33 The Case Against Having a Social Media Department [INFOGRAPHIC]
- 34 In-Flight Wi-Fi War: Row 44 Raises $37 Million to Challenge GoGo
- 35 HOW TO: Respond when Social Media Attacks Your Brand
Customers and Employees of Southwest Airlines rallied to donate a collective 148 million Rapid Rewards points to aid in Harvey disaster relief. Our Chairman and CEO Gary Kelly had a heartfelt message for them, and an update on Southwest Operations related to Harvey.
As our thoughts continue to be with our Employees, Customers, and neighbors impacted by the flooding and Hurricane Harvey’s impact along the Gulf Coast, our flight schedule has been extended through June 1, 2018. The latest schedule contains substantial growth throughout the Golden State. We’re adding nearly 20 new nonstop routes from cities in California to destinations located in almost every part of the country including key cities like Austin, St. Louis, and more. And, we’re opening up new international gateways in four cities: Sacramento, San Jose, Columbus, and New Orleans.
Southwest Airlines Operations at Houston Hobby (HOU) are cancelled through Saturday afternoon as we continue to monitor the tropical storm’s progress. Customers should check their flight status via southwest.com or our mobile app prior to heading to the airport. A Customer travel advisory is in effect, offering added flexibility to flight changes for Houston and surrounding cities.
Watching a total eclipse of the sun is, typically, a once-in-a-lifetime experience. But watching the eclipse on August 21 , 2017, from an altitude of 37,000 feet above Western Idaho along with 173 others equally excited was truly a “who gets to do something like THIS. ” moment! My Coheart David and I were onboard Flight 1368, Portland to St. Louis, which followed the path of totality perfectly. We're here to tell you what it was like, with as many pictures as we can.
The Brewers invited several of our MKE Station’s top performing Employees out to Miller Park for an exclusive experience straight out of the movie “Field of Dreams.”
But, for MKE Ramp Agent David Busch, this month’s Trading Places event meant a little more. He was about to cash in on a years-long bet.
This summer, the Campus Reach Team held Southwest Airlines’ first Network Planning Bootcamp at Southwest’s Headquarters in Dallas, TX. Network Planning Bootcamp is a two-day, career development event for college students pursuing an education in related fields. The event introduces participants to Network Planning’s core competencies and functions. Students develop the skills needed for a successful career in Network Planning through hands-on and experiential learning.
How to achieve your summer travel goals without breaking the bank
Save during your perfect trip this summer.
Plane makes emergency landing after engine rips apart during flight
This kind of accident is "almost unheard of."
Southwest reveals plane for Shark Week, sharks unimpressed
Coulda been cooler, guys.
'Take it off! This is America': Man pleads guilty after yanking off woman's hijab
"All Americans are entitled to peacefully exercise their religious beliefs."
Mom of 9-month-old thanks Southwest flight attendant for going above and beyond
"I wanted to share this story of a someone who made my trip a little brighter."
Man on Southwest flight reportedly choked a woman for reclining her seat
After a long delay on a flight from LAX to SFO, a man allegedly choked the passenger in front of him after she reclined her seat.
Southwest says it fixed technology issue that delayed hundreds of flights
The airline had been using back-up systems around the country to check in travelers.
Online booking glitch delays hundreds of Southwest Airlines flights
An computer glitch forced Southwest Airlines to temporarily take its system back to the old school.
Southwest flight aborts takeoff after engine fire
A Southwest Airlines flight aborted takeoff at Chicago's Midway International Airport late Wednesday night due to a mechanical issue, the airline said.
Southwest offers $100 fares, but none for your summer vacation
Plane tickets for under $100? If that deal seems too good to be true, that’s because it is.
Southwest baggage handlers accused of running marijuana smuggling ring
Baggage handlers behaving badly.
Airline seats are getting so small that federal regulators are worried
But airlines are pushing slim seats as the future of economy air travel.
Southwest CMO Kevin Krone on the future of marketing
We talked to Southwest's CMO Kevin Krone about the company's recent rebrand and the state of marketing in 2015.
Southwest grounds 128 planes after missed safety inspections
Southwest canceled at least 80 flights as a result.
No bombs found after 'credible' threats prompt partial closure of Atlanta airport
Portions of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport have been shut down on Saturday after "credible9quot; bomb threats two commercial planes to land.
Man sues Southwest for $49,000 after carry-on bag fell on him
Injuries from falling luggage may be more common than you think.
Two decades after launch, AirTran takes its final flight
Southwest has now completely absorbed the carrier.
Southwest Airlines announces plans for flights to Belize
The airline is expanding its international routes, beginning in October 2015.
Southwest flight diverted after a baby was born on airplane
A woman gave birth on a Southwest Airlines flight on Tuesday, prompting the crew to divert the flight from its original destination, Phoenix, to Los Angeles.
Southwest Airlines claims title as only major carrier offering free checked bags
JetBlue's decision to charge for bags is an opportunity for Southwest.
Apple's Beats Music app is now available for free on Southwest flights
The service will be free on Wi-Fi enabled flights.
Southwest and Virgin America Launch Routes From Dallas Love Field Airport
For one, an opportunity to grow. For the other, an experiment.
Southwest Airlines Reveals New Plane Designs
Not everyone is a fan.
Woman Flew From San Jose to Los Angeles Without a Ticket
A woman who had been arrested six times for trying to sneak onto flights at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) managed to take a Southwest flight from San Jose to Los Angeles -- without a ticket. Marilyn Jean Hartman, 62, was arrested on suspi.
Southwest Goes International With Flights to the Caribbean
Southwest is now flying internationally to destinations in Mexico and the Caribbean.
Southwest Wants to Shed Its Late-Flight Reputation by Year's End
Southwest Airlines ranks near the bottom of airlines' on-time arrivals, but it's working on improving its performance by the end of the year.
Pinterest Plans Your Travel and Other News You Need to Know
Welcome to this morning's edition of "First To Know," a series in which we keep you in the know on what's happening in the digital world. Today, we're looking at three particularly interesting stories. Pinterest added a new location-based feature on .
Southwest Offering 50% Off Flights on Facebook
To celebrate the growth of its Facebook fanbase to 3 million, Southwest Airlines is offering half-off fall flights through the end of the day. The offer applies to select roundtrip flights (they're labelled "Wanna Get Away") that fall on Sept. 5, Sep.
6 Brands That Get It Right on Viddy
Viddy, the hot social video editing and sharing app, has racked up millions of ordinary users and a whole host of celebrity participants. Perhaps leery of video, brands are not signing up to the network quite as fast. Nonetheless, there are some earl.
6 Airlines Reaching New Heights on YouTube
The Digital Marketing Series is supported by HubSpot, an inbound marketing software company based in Cambridge, MA, that makes a full platform of marketing software, including marketing automation tools. Virgin America recently took a novel approach .
Audio of Southwest Pilot's Hate-Filled Cockpit Tirade Hits the Web
An unnamed Houston-based Southwest Airlines pilot has been suspended from duty without pay after a tape of his expletive-ridden cockpit rant was uncovered by a Houston local news station. The pilot in question accidentally broadcast a hate-filled tir.
The Case Against Having a Social Media Department [INFOGRAPHIC]
If you’re a marketer looking to make more inroads into social media -- and who isn’t? -- you might want to take a look at the infographic below. SimpliFlying examined the social media practices of big players in the airline industry and found that in.
In-Flight Wi-Fi War: Row 44 Raises $37 Million to Challenge GoGo
The battle to power the Internet connection on your next flight is kicking into high gear with a $37 million round of funding for Row 44, the company that powers in-flight Wi-Fi for Southwest Airlines. Today's funding comes eight months after rival A.
HOW TO: Respond when Social Media Attacks Your Brand
This post originally appeared on the American Express OPEN Forum, where Mashable regularly contributes articles about leveraging social media and technology in small business. For all the praise that brand advertisers have for social media, they must.